Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quest for Contentment

Well, here is day 2 of blogging (I’m doing good so far)! I pulled out an old book that I started to read several years ago titled “Calm My Anxious Heart”. It is a book about being content. Can that really be the answer?? Read a book, and voila, you’re a content woman! Surely not. So far, I am finding some good nuggets of material in the book. I also believe that one way to be content is to focus on your blessings, count them or name them one by one if you will. I’ve seen something similar to this done on other blogs, so bear with me as I roll through 100 things I’m thankful for in my quest for contentment! (I’ll break it up into 25 at a time.)

1. A house that I can come home to every day, call my own, and work on to make it what I want.
2. A husband who loves me and is willing to spend hard hours working on our house.
3. A job that I can go to every day (even when I want to stay in bed) to make money to pay for the house, food, clothes, and fun stuff.
4. Being greeted by an excited puppy when I get home from work (everyone should experience this once)!
5. A car that is paid for.
6. A truck that is paid for.
7. The perfect parents (I could go on and on here, but I’m trying to keep it as short as possible)
8. My husband’s family accepting me like one of their own.
9. A mother-in-law I get along with (from talking to lots of my married friends, this is a big one!)
10. Scrapbook paper (I love this stuff, and could be addicted to buying it!)
11. A basement (the junk is out of sight, and I have a place to go in a storm)
12. Rocking chairs on my front porch (there is no better place to be when it is raining)
13. Starbucks (marble mocha macchiato and a peppermint mocha during the holidays)
14. Facebook and Myspace (I have found so many people I haven’t seen in a long time, it’s a great way to keep in touch)
15. Anniversaries (I love celebrating marriages)
16. A supportive church family
17. My huddle group (new and old)
18. Sitting in the window at Poet’s drinking coffee watching it snow on the square in Cookeville (nothing better!)
19. My booth at Broadway Boutique (I find so much joy in making cards)
20. The ability to write letters (so much better than e-mail)
21. My space heater under my desk (I had to go without it yesterday, so I’m very thankful for it today!)
22. Books I get lost in.
23. The time I get to spend with my girlfriends from high school and college (I don’t see them much, so I treasure every moment)
24. Hot showers
25. The cruise I got to take with my husband in October 2007.

0 comments: