Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Headlights and Taillights

The right tail light on my car has been out for several months now. I went to Auto Zone to purchase a bulb and have them install it; however, they could not get to it to put it in. So, needless to say, I've been driving around without a brake light (praying I don't get pulled over when a cop is behind me) for a while. (Of course I did have a plan to pull out the bulbs I had purchased and plead my case with a new baby and all if I did get pulled over). Well, last week some time, my left head light went out. I decided it was time to take some action and get my car back in order. I went back to Auto Zone and purchased the bulb for the head light. Big shock... they were unable to put it in! I broke down and called the dealership and was told that I have to bring it in because they have to take the entire bumper off to replace the head light! How ridiculous is that??? But, I need to see when I drive at night, so off we go to Nissan. Do you know how much it costs to replace both headlights and brake lights? Eighty-four dollars!! I went ahead and had them replace both of them so I wouldn't be back in a week with another light out. On top of that, they informed me that my rear brakes are down to 10% and my A.C. line is leaking. Ughhhhh!!! There goes some money out of savings!! That took most of my day today. I did manage to cook dinner tonight and do a couple loads of laundry while DH held my baby girl and watched the Kentucky game. So, a pretty productive day! Now, I'm hoping for some sleep tonight!

0 comments: