Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September Procrastination Challenge


I ran across a great idea over at Virtually Organized! They are hosting a September procratination challenge. The goal is to pick a project you have been procrastinating on and tackle it this month (and you are allowed to have more than one project if they are small). I looked around my house at the things I have been procrastinating on, and this is what I have come up with for my challenges!

The first thing I will try and tackle is the large pile of magazines in my living room. As you can see in this picture, I have a large canvas tote full of them and they are now stacking up on the end table as well! My goal will be to purge the magazines I am finished with, and go through some of them and tear out the pages that I find interesting and keep them in a notebook for future reference. Hopefully, this project will not take me too long to complete!

The next project I plan on tackling is under my kitchen sink. It has really gotten out of control! There is just stuff thrown in anywhere, which makes it difficult to find what I need. I am also going to go through all my glass vases and clean them out. I have so many of the same vase from where I have gotten flowers over the years from my Dad and my husband (which is not a bad problem to have)! I am going to keep the ones that are different and sell the ones that are duplicates. I have some ideas for organizing everything under the sink as well, but I will need to purchase a couple plastic baskets to make it all come together!




This is a pile of stuff that has been sitting in the basement floor for quite some time now. My goal here is to get everything in its place and have some free space in our basement floor!

These are the stairs leading up from our basement. This stuff has literally been sitting on the steps for over a year. I think it is time to get the steps cleaned off, especially since we will be carrying a baby up and down the steps soon! This should not take long, I just have to be motivated to put the stuff where it belongs.


I have another project that I will be slowly working on this month as well. Check out this post and this post to read more about it! I'll do my best to post my progress as I go along!
Head over to Virtually Organized here to check out what other people are doing and find some great organizing tips!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Procrastination Challenge! You picked some very manageable projects to complete. Thanks for spreading the word and I look forward to seeing your after pictures.

Good luck!
Debbie (Virtually Organized)

http://mypersonalorganizer.typepad.com/virtually_organized/

HDMac said...

These are some great projects and very doable! Good for you!! Glad to have you on board!